The Seven Mountains of Societal Influence
Praying for Churches
- Pray the churches in your city will rise up to be an active part of your community.
- Pray that they come alive and ignite with a passion for the word of God.
- Pray that they unite with other churches to become one voice for God.
- Pray that they reach out to lost souls and give them a place to find the Lord.
- Pray for multiplication and lives changed as the word goes forth.
- Pray that the body of believers will sow financially into their church (2 Cor 9:6-11) so that all the financial needs of their church will be met.
- Pray for the Pastor and his family, for God to protect them, give them wisdom and a fresh new anointing from God. Pray that the Pastor speaks truth & preaches directly from the word of God.
- Pray for boldness for the Pastor to speak-up and speak-out so God’s word can be heard in their community and they can be a light in the darkness reaching the needy.
- Pray for the dry bones to rise again with life in each church of your city.
- Pray that God will bring laborers to the church that will help them in every ministry of their church.
- Pray for youth ministers to be strong in the word and produce young adults that are grounded in the word of God and can stand strong when the storms of life hit them. Pray for children’s ministers to be strong in the word, not to just baby-sit children but to put the word of God into them that will never depart from their hearts.
- Pray that God will be exalted in praise and worship and it will lead their congregation into His presence. Pray for “open doors” & creativity in reaching the lost. Pray for unity in the congregation to resist jealousy and gossip. Eph. 4:1-3
- Pray for spiritual eyes to be opened, hardened hearts to be melted, bitterness to be broken and love to abound. Pray for prayer warriors from each church to rise-up and join together in united prayer over their community.
Praying for Media and Entertainment
- Pray that journalists would be compelled to report the truth and would be restrained from lying; restore integrity to the media and bind up falsehood.
- Pray that God strengthens and directs what is reported and what is not in our newspapers, television, radio, magazines and over the Internet.
- Pray God would break the addiction to ungodly entertainment and dry up the market for pornography and create a market for the wholesome & virtuous.
- Pray that God would promote the righteous and remove those who desire to report anything less than the truth and to be a service to the people.
- Pray that God would give boldness and courage to those in these industries to confront evil and injustice; to uncover corruption and bias.
- Pray that Godliness and virtue would become popular and profitable in the entertainment industry and terror, fear, immorality and sin would lose its popularity. Pray for courage and provision for producers and screenwriters.
- Pray that God would give wisdom, honesty and courage to those who seek Your face and restore a righteous standard of journalism so that truth might prevail throughout our nation.
- Pray that God will raise up Godly men and women who are extraordinarily gifted to bring change and goodness to the media and entertainment arena in which they work.
- Pray that Christians would “draw the line in the sand” that is not crossed over concerning entertainment for their families.
- Pray that God would bring the refiner’s fire and purity, so that those who profess God’s name will in fact represent His will.
- Pray that a great host of talented people will create products, shows, songs and books that bring salvation, healing, encouragement, spiritual growth and the advancement of His Kingdom.
- Pray that the success of Godly entertainment be undeniable and raise a banner of morality to our culture.
- Pray the Christians have new and creative ideas for Godly entertainment
Praying for Government
- Pray that the Holy Spirit will identify the key issues for your prayers.
- Pray for unity among city departments in serving the public.
- Pray that the eyes of the spiritual leaders of the city would be enlightened to understand the corporate destiny of your city.
- Pray that prayer would be established and would trumpet the sound from Heaven that will plunder the camps of the enemy.
- Pray the new strategies of victory would be released for your city.
- Pray that believers in your city would be bold & wise (1st John 4:17)
- Pray for believers to be passionate instead of passive about prayer throughout your city. (Rev 3:14-22) Pray that the word of God may run swiftly throughout your city. (Ps 147:1) Remove all hindrances to God’s Word.
- Pray that believers would live out their faith that are employed in government positions. (Num. 25:11-13)
- Pray that the plans of the enemy will be exposed. (Eph 5:11)
- Pray that the Lord will be exalted and His glory will be revealed throughout your city and that all things that exalt themselves ABOVE His name will be brought down. (2 Cor. 10:5)
- Pray that His Kingdom will come in your city and Justice will come forth, especially for widows, orphans and the poor.
- Pray that the spirit of poverty will be broken over your city and that mindsets would be changed to embrace a new and greater quality.
- Pray that the spirit of mistrust be broken over believers in your city and released an increase of faith and trust resulting in a growing confidence in who God is…” The Great I am”.
- Pray for those who are godless and corrupt in the city government to be replaced.
Praying for Education
- Pray that the students and staff of schools experience your love through the Christians they know in profound and authentic ways (John 13:35)
- Pray that God will release truth in schools. Help students to rightly discern truth and not believe false teachings. (Proverbs 23:23)
- Pray blessings on each school board member as they have godly wisdom in making decisions. (Romans 13:1)
- Pray for God to encourage those children who are struggling with their studies. Strengthen their minds. Help teachers and parents know how to help them learn. Pray that teachers will look to God for their help.
- Pray that God’s hand protects from violence against the children and staff. Dismantle any plan to bring harm to them. Expose any weapon brought into the school premises and render it harmless. (Ps 34:7, 54:1) Bind up terrorism.
- Pray that abundant blessings be on programs that bring Christ into this public school. Help the groups who sponsor such programs function according to your Word and in harmony with each other. Bless the leaders and bring forth new and growing believers. (1 Cor 12:12-13)
- Pray that God gives Christian students wisdom and boldness in living out their faith by effectively sharing the good news. (1 Tim 4:12)
- Pray that God’s Kingdom will come. Lord, raise up a generation of people who worship you in spirit and in truth (John4:23-24; 1 Peter 2:9)
- Pray that God opens doors for the gospel to be shared with students and staff.
- Allow full advantage to be taken of every opportunity to name the name of Jesus. Matt 7:7; 1 Cor 16:9
- Pray that the principal recognizes the God-given responsibility he/she has. May they walk in wisdom, integrity, grace, and truth (Prov 2:1-11)
- Pray that Godly character be the standard of the leaders within the different peer groups and our schools would have a culture of morality, purity, integrity and honesty in order to drive out bullying and suicide.
Praying for Families
- Pray for God to reestablish and strengthen the families in your city.
- Pray that God will draw families into the church.
- Pray for God to create divine appointments for those struggling to hold families together with someone that can help them through their storm.
- Pray that God will rescue children who are in bad situations of abuse.
- Pray for God to rescue women who are in bad situations of abuse.
- Pray that God will rescue men that did not have a godly role model and train them how to be a husband or a father that pleases God.
- Pray for God to turn around teenagers’ lives going in the wrong direction and to return the prodigals.
- Pray that fathers will rise up and be the spiritual leader of their families; and for employment so Dads become good providers.
- Pray for God to be honored & exalted in each household in your city.
- Pray for hearts to be united that have lost hope, forgiveness to be shown where bad decisions were made and love to be ignited.
- Pray for families to pray together and read God’s word.
- Pray for blended families to melt together in love.
- Pray for single parent families to have the help they need in providing Godly role models for their children.
- Pray the spirit of anger & yelling be broken & replaced with peace & love using wholesome words that edify and bring grace to the hearer.
- Pray that children will know and experience what real love is.
- Pray for childless husbands & wives to still stand strong as a family.
- Pray for strength in families who have children with disabilities.
- Pray for families who have lost a family member; for God to comfort them and fill them with His purposes and plan going forward.
- Pray for families to seek-out Godly entertainment and recreation.
- Pray for families to follow biblical guidelines of morality, honesty, interity and help in establishing healthy boundaries in their relationships.
Praying for Business
- Pray that the spirit of greed be broken in your city
- Pray that Godly businesses emerge with success.
- Pray that business owners will commit to listening to God’s voice and digging into His Word and as they do, bless their business with more than enough.
- Pray that businesses owners have a heart of honesty, hard work, dedication and genuine kindness be rewarded by the consumers.
- Pray that corruption or fraud in businesses would be exposed and driven out of your cities.
- Pray that the businesses in your city which are connected in any way to pornography and illegal drugs would be eliminated completely.
- Pray that the spirit of evil and wickedness be broken and demolished.
- Pray that God would be lifted up and exalted through businesses throughout your city.
- Pray God’s blessings on Christian businesses as you shop in their establishments.
- Pray for great wisdom, creativity and favor for Godly entrepreneurs.
- Pray for wholesome, godly establishments to be drawn to your city and that people of influence and key decision makers would recruit the holy and reject the wicked and immoral industries.
- Pray no harm or theft would touch the businesses that are dedicated to the Lord.
- Pray prosperity would come to those businesses who have a heart for the Lord.
- Pray that fraud and wickedness would be exposed in your city’s transactions and integrity and honest scales would be used when weighing any matters relating to commerce.
- Attend the local Church
- Abide in the Word of God
- Encourage & Love the Community
- Appeal to Heaven
Know Your God
- Jesus Christ, Savior & Lord
- Faithful and True
- King of King, Most High God
- The One to whom every knee will bow
- In daily prayer by subject
- Abiding in the Word of God
- In book club devotions
- In circling prayer requests